St. Vital Agricultural Society has a long history and its story is still unfolding. It began in 1909 when a group of men formed the Pastime Club which later evolved into the St. Vital Agricultural Society. St. Vital, at the time, was an agricultural and market garden area, utilizing the rich farmland of the region.
Through the years, as St. Vital grew to become an urban community, the annual Fair and Display has evolved. The St. Vital Agricultural Society values the fellowship and friendly competition that has been associated with all of the past Fairs, and which continues today.